CFB Halifax Curling Club came into existence as the result of the amalgamation of four existing Clubs in the Halifax area:
- Stadacona Curling Club
- Windsor Park Curling Club
- Dockyard Curling Club
- Gorsebrook Curling Club
CFB Halifax Curling Club officially opened on January 15, 1971. It is part of the many personnel support programs (PSP) offered by the Canadian Military to enhance the morale and welfare of the military community. It is one of five similar curling clubs across the country. Although part of the military, the Club welcomes the general public interested in curling at any skill level.
In addition to 6 sheets of top quality curling ice, the Club offers:
- Two lounge/meeting rooms (each with a full service bar)
- A full service recently renovated kitchen facility
- Off season exhibition space
- Off season floor space for other sports
- Off season Sound Stage for TV/Movie production (for example, over the past 7 years the Club has been home for the production of the CBC TV series ‘Mr.D’)
- Ample parking.